Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Homey Little Corner

Tonight was the first night I got to really absorb the fact that I am back in my homey little corner of the United States. Dinner was shared at one of my favorite places, Boundary Bay Brewery, and then we drove to the marina to walk through the park and along the rim of the sail-filled harbor.

For now, we'll focus on dinner. (My camera's battery died before I could get the rest of the photos off it, so another day I'll make sure and share pictures from the marina.) Apart from Boundary Bay's ales, this place has an atmosphere certainly worth bragging about. It's nothing pretentious, and everything tastes best when eaten on the patio on a sunny summer evening. The winner in the taste bud category this evening was the Yam Alechiladas. Hands down.

IMG_2495

IMG_2520

IMG_2510

IMG_2514

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We have much in common- Boundary Bay Brewery. I can't go back to Bellingham without one trip there. Beautiful pictures. I'm so glad you are back in the PNW. So many good memories.

Rachael said...

We should look for someone to eat and drink with before looking for something to eat and drink. ---Epicurus, ancient Greek philosopher

It is so sweet to find you here to share a meal with again. Eating with you makes a meal more special.