Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Books for Pleasure? What a Concept.

IMG_2354

One last afternoon of pleasure reading before the textbooks take over my life, complete with a mug of cool water spiked with rose water.

This was my company as the sunlight turned golden and another sunny January day passed:

The Art of Simple Food, Alice Waters*
The Kitchen Diaries, Nigel Slater
The Lemon Tree, Sandy Tolan*
Toast, Nigel Slater
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, Barbara Kingsolver

*I particularly recommend these.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lael, I think I'm going to enjoy your blog. I've spent a few minutes reading and think you are an amazing woman! :-) May God give you the energy and vibrance you need to finish out your year. Love, Kirsty

Rachael said...

Your life began with books for pleasure...it will come around again. In the meantime, your love of learning will get you through.
And, if you're bored you can always doodle in the margins.

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

best wishes before the studying commences!

Thanks for the book list! I've added them to my growing queue!

Lael Meidal said...

Cooking for Comfort: Is there ever such a thing as a non-growing book list? I'd be surprised. Thanks for visiting my blog!