Friday, January 16, 2009

Help Yourself

Aren't we always our own worst critic? I know I'm that way with my art, my cooking, my baking, and the list goes on.

Over the Christmas holiday my friend's grandmother declared numerous times that she was through with baking for the rest of her life. Yet another one of her recipes was a disaster, in her opinion, and she might as well just stop.

IMG_2419

Though the above muffins were truly tasty, the flip side of my roommate's note of "help yourself!" had a blunt explanation for why they shouldn't be enjoyable. Down to half a muffin and large crumbs, it looks like the note wasn't too convincing.

2 comments:

fawn & fern said...

i agree, i am always my own worst critic, too

yes, hummus is so so so amazing, & so healthy, too!
so at least it's doing our bodies good when we eat it nonstop : )

Nate @ House of Annie said...

When we know we could (and have done) do better, we are generally disappointed with anything less than the best. That's the way I am with my ribs, or the way Annie is with her wontons.

Thanks for adding us as a friend on Foodbuzz. We welcome you to come visit our site!