Sunday, January 25, 2009

Compromising

I am telling you, I would be such a better student if my homework could be done in a kitchen. I tend to spend my spare hours in that room.

Maybe that's how food photography became a hobby of mine. Surely, making food is an art in itself, but the opportunity to satisfy a guilty conscience by also turning my energy toward photographic exploration has proved to be a good compromise.

Today this compromise worked out quite nicely. As I baked a cake with my roommate and persevered in the dream of a perfected pâte brisée, I took some shots from a new perspective. It reminds me of a shy little peek or an abstract promise (i.e. there is more to come, and it seems to be beautiful; the-whole-picture-just-doesn't-get-to-be-revealed-yet sort of thing).

IMG_2765

IMG_2813

IMG_2929

What do you think?

3 comments:

fawn & fern said...

lovely!

Anonymous said...

hmm makes you curious doesn't it now :p

Helene said...

I love how your photography documents your baking and vice-versa. Totally unique and very creative. I am a fan. Especially this post!
Congrats on the Polaroid from eBay!